Tibetan Singing Bowl
People have been using singing bowls for thousands of years. Their origin is unknown, but it is believed that they first originated in either Nepal or India. In Tibet they were largely used as a ceremonial instrument and initially as possibly food bowls. It was not until the 1970�s that singing bowls also became popular throughout the west when their many positive benefits were discovered.
Singing bowls not only look great, they also have many amazing healing and transformative properties.
6 benefits of using a singing bowl:
- Promote Deep Relaxation.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety.
- Chakra Balancing.
- Aid The Immune System.
- Help You "Get In The Zone"
- Improve Circulation and Blood Flow.
Promote Deep Relaxation:
Holding a singing bowl in the palm of your hand and using a wooden mallet or striker in the other hand as if you are holding a pen, by gently and slowly going around the edge of the bowl with the mallet in a clockwise direction, the bowl will start to sing. As you hear the wonderful tone and feel the bowl vibrate, you will become more conscious of your breathing and feel more relaxed.
Reduce Stress and Anxiety:
The resonance of the bowl synchronizes brain waves to induce a deep meditative and peaceful state.
In the Indian system of healing, when a physical dysfunction occurs, it is believed that one or more chakras are blocked, or unbalanced. Many people find that the rich blend of harmonic overtones which the bowls produce, have a direct positive affect on balancing the chakras.
Aid the Immune System:
It is said that the vibrations from a singing bowl can also help to stimulate the immune system. Every part of our body is vibrating. The sound frequencies created by a singing bowl help to restore, optimize and balance the flow of energy in the parts of the body where this is required.
Get in "The Zone":
Singing bowls cause the brain to switch to Theta brainwave frequencies that heighten one's clarity, intuition, as well as deep peaceful and meditative states. Scientists have discovered the upper end of the theta brainwave range produced by a singing bowl is what is considered vital to the healing of the body, mind, and spirit. This is referred to as "being in the zone."
Improve Circulation and Bloodflow:
A study published in the American journal of Health Promotion in 2014 found a greater reduction in systolic blood pressure and heart rate after a 12 minute relaxation session of singing bowls compared to silence. The sound from a bowl can reduce brain activity and therefore slow down our respiration and heart rate.
1 x Meditation bowl
1 x Mallet
How to Use:
1. Place the bowl on the palm of the hand or soft padded cushion (not included).
2. With the mallet in one hand, balance the bowl in place while holding the cushion in the other hand.
3. Gently tap the mallet to the outside and inside edges of the bowl or play it around the rim.
4. The resonant sounds & deep vibrations will fill and calm your soul.
1. Due to the different monitor and light effect, the actual color of the item might be slightly different from the color showed on the pictures. Thank you!
2. Please allow 0-1cm measuring deviation due to manual measurement.